At the initial briefing Eadaoin will meet and spend time with clients, listening & analysing the detail of their aspirations. She will also ensure that the scope of the project and the required Designer involvement, are clearly identified. At this stage Eadaoin can also present preliminary suggestions.
With residential projects, whether the complete new build from the planning stage, turnkey fit out of an investor property, or a single room refurbishment, understanding client lifestyles, taste, specific requirements, timescales and outline budgets is vital. Commercial projects are approached in a similar manner and also incorporate specifics relative to the individual industry.
Once Client requirements and Designer involvement are clear, a detailed estimated design fee is proposed and following client approval, the design process can commence.
The spatial layout is crucial to the successful functioning of any space. At the outset, Eadaoin often tweaks or reworks clients' layouts to achieve the best possible spatial solutions. CAD drawings are provided to clearly outline all proposals. Once the internal layout has been agreed, plumbing, electrical and lighting layouts and joinery drawings are developed accordingly. Eadaoin is experienced in working with the associated professionals and where necessary will liaise with them. Specifications of proposed fittings and finishes are clearly illustrated with images & samples.
As the process evolves, Eadaoin will meet regularly and liaise closely with clients to ensure that they are guided through any proposals and costings, before instructions are issued or orders are placed. Where project implementation has been included, Eadaoin will co ordinate with contractors and sub contractors on site, to ensure the execution of the required design. She has built up a network of talented craftspeople & suppliers whom she can access, should there be a need, or alternatively can work with clients' own. Depending on client requirement Eadaoin will be on hand until final completion. Design services vary depending on client requirements.
- Interior spatial layout drawings.
- Electrical and lighting drawings and specifications.
- Plumbing layout drawings and sanitary ware specifications.
- Window and external door specifications.
- Joinery drawings and specifications.
- Design and specification of kitchens, wardrobes and bespoke furniture.
- Specification of all internal finishes, from feature design details, flooring to tiling, cornices to fireplaces, furniture to window treatments and wallpaper to accessories.
- Interior & exterior paint schedules.
- Estimate costings on specifications.
- Project implementation: Liaising with contractors/sub contractors/suppliers.
- Turnkey fit outs of investor/rental properties.
- Styling and accessorising of interior spaces to add that personal touch.